Jose Cuervo University Music Battle
We worked with student union radio stations at universities throughout the UK to curate playlists that represented their student nightlife. Advertising within Spotify drove users through to a Jose Cuervo University playlist leader board, where all of the playlists were published. As a result of Jose Cuervo’s rallying cry, ‘Who’s in?’, students came together physically and virtually and voted in their droves for their favourite playlist. After voting they could opt in to a competition to win Jose Cuervo merchandise, clothing vouchers, tablet computers and Spotify Premium accounts. The most popular university won the ultimate union night, hosted by Jose Cuervo, and featuring DJ sets from Alexis Taylor of Hot Chip and Orlando Weeks of The Maccabees.
Increase brand awareness, adoration & ultimately consumption amongst their target consumers; 18-24 year olds in the UK.
Improve brand equity measures and bring Jose Cuervo up to date in the minds of consumers.
Increase consumption frequency amongst 18-24s by stealing share from other shot brands by end of June 2013.
In gaining support amongst their target, establishing more Jose Cuervo brand ambassadors and ‘instigators’ of the Jose Cuervo kind of fun.
- Various ad formats — Billboard, Audio and Display & HPTO
- Hosted on an advertiser page, Facebook and a mobile optimised site
- We produced the winning event at Portsmouth University student union
- Average dwell time of more than 4 minutes 30 seconds
- 158,000 votes in 2.5 week campaign
- More than 270,000 total views
- More than 145,000 unique views
- More than 9,800 social shares
- Event ticket registration sold out in 2 minutes
- 34% total uplift in sales of Cuervo Gold at student unions when the campaign ran
- 220% sales uplift of Cuervo Gold at winning uni (Portsmouth) during campaign period